Director of Finance
We are currently seeking a Director of Finance to lead our accounting team. This role requires an individual who can act as strategic leader, CFO and a bookkeeper depending on the situational requirements. The successful candidate must be innovative, creative and a very detail oriented individual. As a leader, you oversee a small accounting department and provide guidance, analysis and strategic insight to the Executive Committee.
– Lead Accounting Team with two direct reports responsible for managing each business unit.
– Learn each business fully to act as a back-up if needed. This includes invoicing, collections, payables, cash management, commissions and payroll, tax filings and monthly reconciliations of subsystems to ensure accuracy.
– Strategic consultation for SLT on business priorities / opportunities.
– Learn and utilize a customized CRM plus two proprietary subsystems in order to provide the Executive Committee with both routine reporting and adhoc reports and analytical review as required.
– Business Planning and Opportunity Assessment.
– Provide Structure and Process improvements for organization with an eye to ensuring an appropriate level of internal controls throughout the organization.
– Responsible for the monthly accounting close, including an analytical review to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained.
– Quarterly Reviews of Financials with Executive Committee and Annual Document preparation for external accountants.
– Manage the Human Resource function – policies, benefits, vacation tracking and administration.
– Act as a general and cultural leader to the Calgary Head Office, assuming a primary role when the EVP of Operations is absent.
Skills and Requirements
– CPA with at least 5 years post designation experience.
– Strategic thinker with a hands-on and team based approach to accomplishing tasks.
– Good practical knowledge of Microsoft Suite, advanced level of Excel.
– Task and goal oriented and capable of functioning in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and corporate setting.
– Able to analyze, report and articulate financial information to stakeholders.
– Ability to challenge the norm and continually search for process improvements.
– Strong communication, organization and management skills.
– Excellent technical proficiency and attention to detail.
– Highly productive with minimal guidance or supervision.
– Customer service oriented, maintains a professional attitude with both internal and external clients.
– Culturally aligned with our values which include; value creation, innovation, trusted partner, flexibly & agile, accountable and both fun & passionate!
RMG (Retail Media Group) is energetic, entrepreneurial and growth focused company. It is primarily comprised of two key lines of Business, Retail Media and AIR MILES INCENTIVES.
Retail Media was formed in February 2002, with a vision of bringing new cost-effective, mass reach advertising vehicles to market, thus creating new revenue opportunities from under-utilized media assets. The company began with the invention and launch of the AdBar, a simple yet highly effective captive audience medium which leverages the massive traffic at checkout in grocery stores.
Retail Media’s advertising business has grown to a network of over 500 stores across the country. AdBar has evolved into a major, mass medium delivering over 65 Million Impressions every 4 weeks across the country. The product selection has grown and now includes AdTray, AdCap, AdWrap, as well as substantial innovations around the original AdBar product through die cut and lenticular innovation.
In 2008, RMG added a new division by assuming management of the AIR MILES INCENTIVES Program on behalf of Loyalty One. AIR MILES INCENTIVES give companies the ability to grow their business by offering AIR MILES reward miles, with the flexibility to customize offers and programs specifically designed for their needs.
RMG continues to grow year after year, with sales having grown by nearly 200% over the past 5 years. RMG has been recognized by Profit 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in Canada for each of the past 5 years.
RMG employs over 70 people, 30 full time staff and an additional 40+ part-timers. Head Office is located in Calgary, AB, with sales and operations staff in all major markets across the country.
– Please apply to Brad Wolff at email@example.com.
– Application deadline is August 7, 2017.
– Start Date: Late September 2017
We thank all candidates for their submissions, however only candidates of interest will be contacted.